Battery Life, Mac Help and Router
I'm new to the boards and a brand new mac user. I just got a PB G4. There are a few things I don't understand.
- I got the powerbook yesterday. Charged until the light turned green as it said in the book. But this morning I only got 21/2 hours out of it. Does the type of activity you do matter with the battery? It's supposed to last five hours right? I wonder if I have a defective battery.
- I have a windows based Pc at home, and I am connected to the net through my cable company Comcast. I read on the board that I should get a router, and went to bestbuy yesterday. They had no idea what kind I should get, or any help in setting it up. Any suggestions?
- I also got the office addition for mac. It works fine but it only opens half the screen. How do i get it to open full screen?
- When I do a search on Mac Help, no results come up. The initial screen remains. Did I do something wrong?
- I am a member of a mp3 downloading group. I downloaded the software for sharing and it created several files on the desk top that says dmg. what does that mean?
I really appreciate any help. I hope i'll adjust soon!!